Monday, May 6, 2013

Healthy Cookies, TWO versions!

I've been watching my calorie intake for two weeks now. I LOVE sweets. Its very hard for me to say no. If its in the house I eat it. I was browsing FB the other day and saw a banana and oatmeal 'cookie', and thought hey that sounds good, and then a day later saw that a friend had made them and she said they were good.

So I went off to make them.

The kids LOVED them. 'Mommy these are so good, you have to make these everyday!'

This was the recipe I found online.

Today I didn't have banana's and was craving something sweetish. So I went to see what I could find.
I found a can of pumpkin puree and some cinn applesauce. And then I started mixing.

This is the recipe I came up with:

Pumpkin Oat Cookies

1 cup quick oats
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
1/8 tsp maple flavoring
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
a dash of cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini....see note below for other alternatives

Mix together and place on a greased cookie sheet, smash a bit down in small circles about the size of golf balls.

Makes 15 cookies.

Nutrition info per cookie
Calories: 69.3
Fat: 2.6
Sugar: 6.3
Carbs: 11.3
Protein: 1.5
Fiber: 1.3
Sodium: 6

This is a great alternative to the normal cookie. Can be used as breakfast also. Very healthy. Can use just about anything in them, raisins, craisins, nuts...




If you try these, come back and let me know how you like them!

1 comment:

  1. These sound really good. I think I'd love them minus the chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !