Monday, October 17, 2011

ROTW: Chicken Cornbread Bake

Hey there guys. Today's recipe is for Chicken Cornbread Bake. Yummy, easy, and interchangeable!
Meaning you add what you like to it, and omit things you don't like.
My kids thought this was yummy, the husband ate it as well...It is better the day you make it though, when you eat it as a leftover, its kind of dry.

Sorry for the icky picture, I'm still learning how to take pictures of food.


Recipe:
1/2 c Butter, melted
1 half an onion, diced
some minced garlic
1 can corn, kernels
1 can creamed corn
dash of salt
2 eggs
1 cup Buttermilk (I use 1 T lemon juice and fill the rest of the measuring cup with milk)
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Cornmeal
1 cup Flour
2/3 sugar

Saute up the garlic and onions in additional butter or olive oil. Set aside.
Mix the above ingredients together, and fold in the onions and garlic.
Place this mixture in a greased 9x13 pan AND a greased 8x8 pan. (I was afraid it would overflow if I filled it all into one pan. Use your judgement...

Next mix:
2 1/3 cups chicken, shredded/diced, whatever, must be cooked though.
1 can green chile's
1 can mushrooms, or fresh
1 1/2 cup Sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Place this in dollops on top of the cornbread, leaving the edge free.

Top with cheese (I forgot this step in my recipe and it was still good, but would be delicious with cheese, anything is delicious with cheese), Bake at 375 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.

Serve.
Now like I said above, this is def a must eat the night you bake, or else it gets kind of dry, but you could fix that with some gravy or some chili?! And you can add green peppers, red peppers, olives, red onion...anything really...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !