Friday, January 20, 2012

Layering Glitters...

So while laying in bed trying to go to sleep, my mind goes a mile a minute usually with things I have to do in coming days, or things I need to do....just silly things mainly. Last night I added polish to the list of things that run through my head at night.....LOL.

I thought how cool would it be to layer two different glitters that share a tinted base color. So I was scanning my memory of my stash, and landed on Revlon's Faucets of Fuchsia and Wet N Wild's Behind Closed Doors. They both had the Deep Grey/Black Base, and both had large Hex pieces and small glitters. I applied my base coat, I have been using OPI's Nail Envy-Original. I will have a post later on that, I have been taking weekly pictures of the progress. I have noticed a huge difference in the strength of my nails, they haven't cracked, or broke, or peeled in two weeks! That is amazing!!!

I used Revlon's FOF first, then Wet N Wild's BCD next, then I polished from the middle of my nail to the tip with the FOF, and then used BCD on the whole nail again. If I had used 'underwear' (that means using a dark color like black under the glitter), I wouldn't have had to use as many coats for full coverage. 










I like it, I am almost considering dumping a bit of each into and empty bottle.....

Have a good weekend!

<3 Carrie

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! And a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhhmmmmm interesting - almost looks like a gradient too ---- you have me thinking ........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this!! i was thinking about mixing them too, but i haven't been able to bring myself to do it

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! I've never had any desire for FoF until now :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !