Saturday, January 28, 2012

ROTW: Spagetti Bread!!

Yes, I realize I spelled Spagetti wrong, but I like it like that. :)

I found this recipe on Pinterest. ( OMG, right now my kids are watching Spongebob, and it is Soooooo annoying.....A crab has a whale as a daughter....) OK anyway's, I thought this recipe looked so yummy!


One loaf of frozen bread dough, thawed and left to rise, then rolled out for a rectangle pizza dough shape. My dough took about 4 hours to thaw and rise in the oven with the light on.

Cook some noodles up, which ever you prefer-I used the garden delight spagetti. Heat up your sauce, it can be meat sauce or no meat, which ever you prefer. Mix together your spagetti noodles and sauce. place about 4-5 cups worth of this on the middle of your dough, length wise, in the shape of a log. Top with cubed cheese of your liking. In a state of furry (I'll save you from this, because I actually want you to try it *see below) from my quest to tackle to rolling of this dough I forgot to add the cheese (UGH-seriously how could i FORGET the cheese-the BEST part of it!!!) or to take a picture of this step, so I borrowed one:

Picture credit
Slice outward from the spagetti log into the dough toward the edge, like above picture. Then braid the dough 'slices' , starting with first pulling up your ends to the top of your log then braiding. Like below picture:


I went ahead and topped mine with melted butter and some garlic powder, onion powder, and some Italian seasoning. and then baked it at 350 for about a half an hour. Until it looked like this:


Let it cool for just a bit....and slice into that thing:


*Now picture how much better this would look if I had the cheese in it, melting all over the noodles and oozing out the peep holes of the braid!!! Oh how mad was I when I realized I had forgot the cheese!!!!!!! I am going to make this again, and I will NOT forget the cheese...although that furry I mentioned about the dough might keep me from making it again.

I hope you try this, several other PaA girl's have and they loved it....aside from the furry with the dough, lol.

<3 Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Definitely plan on trying this soon. I used to work for a meal prep place and we made these all the time with different stuff. My faves were pepperoni pizza, meatball and beef n cheddar. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I can't wait to try other options, like meatballs....or a taco type....there really are endless possibilites here with this one!

      Delete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !