Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OPI Nail Envy....

I decided to try OPI Nail Envy-Original, to strengthen my nails, they are thin and prone to vertical splits and peeling. I bought it after hearing lots of good things about it on PaA. So after all my Christmas Mani's I decided to pull it out, cut back to nubbins (or short nails) and try it as a base each time I did my nails, which is about every three to four days.

Here's what they looked like in the beginning:


This is about 1.5 weeks in....


And this is just yesterday, about 4 weeks in...


Same about 4 weeks in....

I thought I had another in between picture but I can't find it :(

I have had no breaks, they are much thicker, they are not as brittle when unpolished, I've had two minor minor peel issues, but I buffed them out, and they are fine....

I will trim them soon (filling trim, not cut trim, because I find that it lessens the chance of peelies) and get rid of some of the free edge, and hopefully get rid of the thin transparent tip. In about another month I will have my whole nail bed grown out with Nail Envy.

Have you tried this product, leave me a comment and let me know how it helped your nails (or didn't).

<3 Carrie

PS, don't forget to check out my blog sale, up top under the tabs!

PSS, Check out my friends blog, she is doing a 100 Day Scripture Challenge!




4 comments:

  1. I always wondered if OPI worked. I have been using Essie Grow Stronger and Julep's Nail Therapy for my nail recovery as I call it. Both have helped alot...not to mention that I also do Biotin & PreNatal Vitamins. I haven't seen my nails this healthy since I was pregnant with my son.

    Glad to see another addicts nail growth working for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nails grow, they were just weak. But now they are strong!

      Delete
  2. Hopefully I see the same kind of results!! I want long nails again LOL!! Thanks for the hope Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to use this for a while but it makes holos crack. I've been on a holo binge

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !