Thursday, October 25, 2012

Guest Post: Carinae from Carinae L'etoile's polish stash

Hello there! I was getting tired of Gold and Pink mani's so I reached out to the community for some guests posts.

If you want to help me out also this month with a pink AND gold mani for Pediatric and Breast Cancer Awareness, just email me!

This month I and now others, will be sporting a pink AND gold manicure everyday, except the days of my Halloween challenge I am participating in.

Why? To support Breast cancer awareness month and because I forgot last month or rather didn't really know because it isn't as publicized as Breast Cancer is, Pediatric cancer awareness.

I have a friend that has a wonderful little boy, E. (See Below) He is so strong and so brave! He is fighting the evil dragon, that is what they call it. He has a GREAT supportive family, that has also been very strong and brave. I want to support them as well and what better way to do it then to do fun mani's?? If your the donating type, there are three charities that my Friend recommends:
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, St. Baldricks, and Curesearch
Here is Carinae:

Nail art has never been my forte. I decided to bust out with the dotting tools and my tape...Don't laugh too hard.

The colors I used were Ginger and Liz's Got My Groove Back and OPI's If You Moust You Moust.
I wanted to do something fun for me, but not in the Ruffian Mani with a French Mani accent kind of way I do things.
I took some tape and made the V you see on my pinkie nail. I also taped off my middle finger in the section. I also busted out with the dotting tool. Truth be told, I've always been a bit scared of doing nail art and, most importantly, the dotting tool.
Dotting tools are a little frustrating to me. I can't seem to master using them. I know that they're fun and I love seeing what people have done with them, but for some reason I just can't ever really get it to work. Everything always looks like a fail. At least to me...and then to make matters worse, I thought I'd try to make this pink and gold mani all cute by using a matte top coat on my pointer and ring finger. You can't even tell it has the top coat on. It looks sort of...shiny. Le sigh. Oh well, at least I tried and I ventured out with nail art...It's something I rarely ever do. I may have to try it some more.
So here is my offering of a mani for Pediatric and Breast Cancer awareness.
 




As always, please right click the image to see it in its original size.
If you liked what you read, please click Like at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~~~~~~~~
 
Thank you Carinae! I love Polka Dots!
 
About 40 minutes left on my 30% off sale, 3 bottle min.
Code: 30thbday
Ends 10 AM EST Oct 25th
 
~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !