Thursday, October 18, 2012

Guest Post: Nidia from Lit From Within

Hello there! I was getting tired of Gold and Pink mani's so I reached out to the community for some guests posts.


If you want to help me out also this month with a pink AND gold mani for Pediatric and Breast Cancer Awareness, just email me!


This month I and now others, will be sporting a pink AND gold manicure everyday, except the days of my Halloween challenge I am participating in.

Why? To support Breast cancer awareness month and because I forgot last month or rather didn't really know because it isn't as publicized as Breast Cancer is, Pediatric cancer awareness.

I have a friend that has a wonderful little boy, E. He is so strong and so brave! He is fighting the evil dragon, that is what they call it. He has a GREAT supportive family, that has also been very strong and brave. I want to support them as well and what better way to do it then to do fun mani's?? If your the donating type, there are three charities that my Friend recommends:
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, St. Baldricks, and Curesearch
 
Here is Nidia:
 

Hi, I'm Nidia, and I run a little blog called Lit From Within.

Thanks, Carrie, for reaching out to the polish community to bring more awareness to pediatric and breast cancers this month. I was more than happy to answer the call for a mani.
 

I started out with a base color of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Choco-latte, a nude-like pink with brown tones. It's a very unassuming creme, and I thought it would make a great base for lots of other pinks. I had a few no-name shimmery pinks from sets I got at Ross, plus Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Coral Kiss, NK in Fuchsia Chiffon, and LA Colors Magnetic Force. I put drops of all of them on a palette, and got a little dish of acetone ready, and a small paintbrush. Using the paintbrush, I would apply bits of the different pinks, and then use the acetone to swirl them into each other for a softened, 'watercolor' effect. In real life, you could see the shimmer and the different pinks better, but they were probably a little too close to each other in tone to stand out properly for the effect to work well. I still thought it made a pretty pink swirl!
 

I added LA Glitter Addict in Synergy for a pretty gold sprinkle on top.
Are you dressing your nails for a cause this month?
 
Thank you Nidia! Fabulous mani!!
 
*****FLASH SALE***** 20% off everything.
Min purchase required: 2 bottles ($18)
Code required: HallowSCREAM
GO NOW! Ends Oct 20 at 2pm
http://sassylacquer.storenvy.com/
Canadians....guess what??? I ship to Canada now!!!
 
~Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !