Thursday, September 29, 2011

ROTW: PW's Cajun Chicken Pasta

This week I have recipe from The Pioneer Woman! Cajun Chicken Pasta. Mmmmm!


Cook some noodles up.

 Drain 'em!


Slice up some veggies, I used Red Pepper, Green Pepper, Red Onion, and some garlic

Also some tomato's.

Dice up your chicken breasts, this is three I think.

Saute them up with some cajun seasoning.

Now, your supposed to take the chicken out and then saute up the veggies, I think I did that, and then this is when I added them back in, I think...Its been awhile since I made this...

And then you add your liquid's....mine never did thicken up, I had to refrigerate it and order pizza, (We were headed out to the drive in movies and it wouldn't thicken right...so I just said forget it, and stuck it in the fridge.....It was so good the next day though!)

Sauce: 2 cups chicken stock, 1/2 cup white wine, 1 cup heavy cream, black pepper, cayenne pepper or more cajun seasoning.

In your pan after your done sauteing the veggies and chicken, add the wine and chicken broth, cook for 3-5 minutes, add in the heavy cream, stir don't let it stick to bottom, and get all the bits up off of the bottom of the pan from the chicken and veggies, and then add in your seasoning, it should be spicy. Cook until it thickens slightly....this is where I failed...mine never thickened, I even added cornstarch to it and nothing, no idea what went wrong....So I threw the chicken and veggies back in, cooking it longer and longer, and still nothing, I had run out of time, we needed to walk out the door to go to the drive-in and so I stuck it in the fridge and had my neighbor grab us a pizza too!

BUT we had this the next night, I just pulled it out of the fridge put it on a burner and warmed it up and it was perfect! PERFECT!

This was so yummy! Def worth the frustration....I do not have a finished picture, but I linked the website up there ^ , so go check out her pictures! Awesome! Awesome! ( I have never had anything less than awesome from her site! NEVER!)

5 comments:

  1. mmmm, this would be good even without the pasta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO yummy!! I love anything with peppers and onions in it. The pictures are making me hungry! :)must make this soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good way to get sauce to thicken up would be to add a few tablespoons of cornstarch to 1/2c or so of COLD water and add it bit by bit to your sauce until it's thickened to your liking. This also works when making homemade gravy. You can warm up stock (veggie or to match whatever kind of meat you're eating) and/or pan drippings from your chicken or beef/pork roast in a pot and add the water/cornstarch mixture the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellie, thats the thing, I did add cornstach! and it still didn't thicken....and yes I added it to cold milk.

    ReplyDelete

Hey Guys! Leave me a comment, I love reading them! But don't do it just to promote your own blog ;) !